CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shaikh Abdullah Hakim Quick's family's home was damaged by a fire this weekend!


I came across an article a friend posted on Facebook and it linked me back to Imam Suhaib Webb's website where he wrote that Shaikh Abdullah Hakim Quick's family's home was severely damaged by a fire. SubhanAllah, if anyone would like to donate I have a ChipIn account set up where you can donate via PayPal below inshaAllah, and I can have the money wired to their bank account up in Canada. I won't have it up for too long so don't wait a while to contribute, and even $1 will do! Ramadan is on it's way, let's get in the sadaqa spirit more than we usually are in!

Here is the email Shaikh Abdullah sent me:
Sister Umm Yusuf, wlsm Jazaakallahu khairan for your support. My Daughter and family have sustained major losses and have no insurance. Any support can be transferred to:

took out personal info in case there are any creeps lurking on my page ;)


May Allah accept your Zakat and Sadaqah

Hasbunallahu wa Ni'mal-Wakeel

Sh Abdullah Hakim Quick

14 comments:

Sahar H. said...

I don't have paypal, can I email you about maybe sending money another way or how I can do something? I love his lectures!!!!

wanahelp said...

assalamu alaykum can you prolong it to the 12th of august or the 13th. because i have to transfer the money from my bank account to paypal. and it is gonna finish on the 12th inshallah

Lazeena said...

No problem.

Ms.Unique said...

Inna lillahi wa Inna ilayhi rajioon .... May Allah help them all at this time of distress and replace them with a better situation Ameen

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,

Can you make the paypal form in a way that no shipping information is needed to be provided?

JazakaAllah khair

Lazeena said...

hmmm.. I didn't even know they asked for that. I thought all you had to do was sign in under your account and put the amount you want to donate in the input box. That's based on my experience on donating through paypal. But I've done this before and I don't recall having access to that information anyway, even though they ask for it for whatever reason..

UniMuslimah said...

Salaam alaikum,
Is there any way to donate through a money order or even a place where we can send them money directly?

Cheers.

Lazeena said...

UniMuslimah - if you go to Imam Suhaibs website you can contact someone for more info on that inshaAllah

Abu Yusuf said...

Whoever wants more information can contact shaikh Abdullah Hakim Quick directly at his Email address abdullah.quick4@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Salam aleikom,

I spoke with someone who's husband knows Sheikh Abdullah Hakim Quick personally, they told me that he is not living in Canada. He is in CapeTown for the last 9 yrs at the moment. And if this story is true, the Muslims there would help right away.

Lazeena Umm Yusuf said...

Anon- I don't know about that, all I know is what he told me from his email, and he said that they really need the help so inshaAllah that's enough for me. Allah knows best.

Unknown said...

As Salaam Alaikum,

The link to Suhaib Webb's website seems to be broken. I tried searching his website but came up with nothing. Is there a better link to read up more on what happened?

Anonymous said...

I tried to see on Imam Suhaib Webbs site to get some more info - but didnt find anything?
We want something that confirms what happened and how to contact Dr Abdullah, please reply

Lazeena Umm Yusuf said...

Maybe he removed the post from his site.

My husband left his email address in the comments section, you can email him directly for more information. He responds rather quickly: abdullah.quick4@gmail.com