CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Honey Straws


I first discovered these maybe 4 or 5 years ago in the Dar-us-Salam bookstore in Brooklyn, New York. Since then, I try to always have them somewhere in the house because they're so handy!

All it is, is an enclosed straw filled with honey. Oh and mixed with the honey is some black seed alhamdulillah, the two best cures for anything as stated by our beloved Prophet (SAW). You just bite open one side and the plastic sealing pops open and you push the honey out.

Whenever I feel a cold coming on I can just go about cleaning and cooking while sucking on one of these. They're perfect to stick in my purse too, so I can take them anywhere I go! What I love best about these straws is that it's not as messy and sticky as taking a teaspoon of honey. I always get honey on the counter and on the side of the bottle, a headache to clean up and it makes me just not want to use the honey. Even if you're not sick, honey and black seed are both ridiculously good for the body and the straw contains probably a tablespoon's amount, so you don't have to worry about it being to much and not finishing it... most likely if anything, you'll grab another one.

You can find these honey straws here. They have them in 3 different flavors, I usually use 'Immune Boost'. Now, oddly enough they're 30 flippin' dollars (for a container of 100 sicks) on the manufacturers website but whenever I go to Brooklyn and buy it I get it for $20 haha. But they are worth the money!

They also carry Black Seed Lozenges in a variety of flavors which I like as well. Some flavors do have a strong black seed taste to it, but hey, it naturally has a strong taste anyway, so not much can be done about that.
"And the lord inspired the bee, saying: Take your habitations in the mountains and in the trees ad in what they erect. Then, eat of all fruits and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)'. There comes forth from their bellies a drink of varying color wherein is healing for men. Verily in this is indeed a sign for people who think." [16:68-69]

Tirmithi, Ibn Majah and Baihaqi also reported that the Prophet (SAWS) said, "Make use of the two remedies: honey and the Quran."

He was also reported to have said, "There is within the black seed a cure for every disease except death" Sahih al-Bukhari.

17 comments:

bint alshamsa said...

My partner introduced me to honey straws. I use them in my tea when I have a stomachache. They really are quite handy.

Aalya said...

That is quite amazing...thank you for passing it along!

Anonymous said...

honey sticks rock!!!

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

as much as I hate black seed it works near every time. Crazy how I loathe what only wants to make me better ....

Mona Zenhom said...

That looks awesome and probably makes the black seed taste ok. Our local farmers market when we were kids had diff flavored honey sticks for 15 cents each!

Safiyyah said...

Salaams Dear:

I also use them for tea.

ModestJustice said...

Wow I should get some, maybe it'll help relieve my darned allergies.

By the way, if it can cure every disease can it cure AIDS? Or is a virus different from a disease? I just had to ask that.

Sajida said...

Wow!! I have been trying to think of a way to use black seed, like you said it has strong taste to it. But these seem great! I will order some now, thanks so much for passing the information. I'm looking forward to using them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mona said...

Hey I go to those stores! I will have to check for these the next time I go, they sound great!

Hajar Alwi said...

Assalamualaikum sis,

I saw these in one of the tea-shops, but was too chickened to have any of it. If they're that good ... perhaps I should have a go at it next time I'm there. :)

Hina said...

These are great! I don't like the one with ginseng though. But when I first saw them I thought they were a brilliant invention. They sell it for $35 here! So you get a great deal girl!

Selma said...

these sound very good. it wasnt until i read your post i learned of black seed, im really interested in trying it now. thanks for this post and i might just order some things from the site too
-salaam

Areeba said...

cool! i want some!

Anonymous said...

good find sis

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?